As part of a network engineering team providing Network engineering and Systems Administration, this position is responsible for engineering and maintenance of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to include Voice over Secure Internet Protocol (VoSIP).
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide VoIP and VoSIP technical support for USARCENT change management, engineering, design and configuration technologies. The Contractor shall institute best practices for supporting the command infrastructure which consist of approximately 2000 VoIP and VoSIP telephones.
• Provide the G6 COR, technical support concerning change management, integration standards and engineering design supporting the command’s IP (Internet Protocol) telephony voice communication services architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware. Support functions include collaboration with the G6 designated representatives and fellow network services engineers in developing and executing a multi–year, enterprise VoIP and VoSIP infrastructure technology strategy and implementation. The Contractor shall document the VoIP/VoSIP infrastructure to ensure compliance and to adhere to USARCENT polices and guidelines.
• Provide technical support, installation, and upgrades for the unified capabilities-conferencing suite.
• Provide support and monitoring of the network infrastructure that includes the public switched telephone network (PSTN) gateways and digital signal processor (DSP) farms to enable access to local and long distance telephone calls and teleconferencing for VoIP and VoSIP.
• Four Year degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience
• Security+ or equivalent IAT-II certification required
• Top Secret clearance with SSBI required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Network, Voice and communications engineering
• Ability to network and interact with key groups and individuals
• Ability to schedule, train, supervise, assign work to and evaluate staff
• CCNA:Voice preferred
• Familiarity and experience with Unified Communications preferred