This Position is part of a highly qualified team supporting Us Army Operations at Shaw AFB. Works closely with the program team supporting mission objectives; excellent understanding of Operating Systems internals at the server and desktop levels; familiarity with virtualization platforms; in-depth experience areas such as operating systems, file systems, memory and CPU management, drivers; knowledge of computer hardware architectures.
• Install operate and maintain servers, operating systems, storage and applications.
• Provide IO&M, monitoring, and administrative support to the classified (Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET)) and unclassified (Non- classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET)); and up to three additional networks (e.g. CENTCOM Partner Network-X (CPN-X), Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation Systems (BICES)) networks permanently installed at Patton Hall and USARCENT occupied facilities on Shaw Air Force Base..
• Have a thorough understanding of customer’s mission needs and be knowledgeable of hardware and software capabilities and limitations supporting that functional system.
• Ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices and operating system/application software are properly configured for network operation, are on-line and are available to customers.
• Perform routine system maintenance.
• Utilize System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and approved IA security tools to push patches to network servers and workstations for Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs), and Information Assurance Technical Tips (IATTs) reported by the Army Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program by compliance date using DOD–approved tools. IAVBs and IATTs shall be patched NLT 30 days after receipt. Use Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Nessus server to scan network(s) for compliance, and report compliance to CNDSP utilizing ACAS Security Center database.
• Test and validate the proper operation and configuration with appropriate patches and fixes, as required above, prior to restoring any device to the network.
• Ensure physical security of DoD Information Network (DoDIN) components.
• Monitor reports, heads-up messages and system advisory notices.
• Four Year degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience
• Security+ or equivalent IAT-II certification required
• Top Secret clearance with SSBI required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience
• Ability to network and interact with key groups and individuals
• Ability to schedule, train, supervise, assign work to and evaluate staff
• Microsoft MCSA/MCSE preferred