We are seeking an experienced Network Engineer working support of US Army Operations at Shaw AFB. This Position is part of a highly qualified team supporting Us Army Operations at Shaw AFB. Works closely with the program team supporting mission objectives; excellent understanding of Network and Infrastructure as well as knowledge of computer hardware architectures.
• Provide technical support in the design, installation, configuration, and monitoring of classified and unclassified networks, including SIPRNET, NIPRNET, CENTCOM Partner Networks, and the Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System (CENTRIXS) and up to three additional networks (e.g. CPN-X, BICES) within USARCENT buildings. Configure equipment that includes routers and switches, web proxies, firewalls, IDS, and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS); Access Control Server (ACS), and Network Access Control (NAC) servers.
• Provide IO&M of approved encrypted Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions for long haul secure transport and user access-controlled access to the unclassified network.
• Provide technical support in the connection of dedicated point- to-point data circuits.
• Install, and maintain network Local Area Network (LAN) cables limited to the server rooms and communications closets. Also, the Contractor shall install prefabricated cables to existing ports at workstations.
• Update and maintain the USARCENT whitelist entries in the Army Registry of Networks and Layer-3 Devices (ARNLD). The whitelist entries are to ensure that only properly configured web servers are permitted to receive inbound connections from the commercial internet. Maintain port security and log port security devices on a designated logging server.
• Configure, fill, and maintain the encryption devices used to provide secured communications
• Provide Network Operating System installation and configuration, health monitoring, backups and restoration, and non-compliance reporting mandated by Department of Defense Instruction 8500.2 (DODI 8500.2) and NIST Special Publication 800-53 (SP 800-53).
• Maintain the Network installation and configuration, Internetwork operating system (IOS) upgrade, health monitoring, backups and restoration, and non-compliance reporting.
• Supervises lower level department members
• Four Year degree in an IT related field or equivalent experience
• Security+ or equivalent IAT-II certification required
• Top Secret clearance with SSBI required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience
• Ability to network and interact with key groups and individuals
• Ability to schedule, train, supervise, assign work to and evaluate staff
CCNA or CCNP Certification